Saturday, July 13, 2013

In Limbo


You know that moment between just beginning to enjoy the single life (after months of living it) and missing actually being in a relationship? Yep, I have hit that milestone. 

For those of you who have been in relationships and have also been in limbo, you would know that it is excruciatingly frustrating trying to enjoy one life or the other. They both have their ups and downs. For one, when  you're single you can hit on and pick up as many guys as you want (although I wouldn't recommend it), on the other hand when you're single long enough after being in a good relationship you begin to miss having that extra person there when you go to bed at night or to see those Hello Beautiful texts every morning.

As time passes by, it gets easier and yet so much harder. You begin to really enjoy those people you can check out with no reservations. But then, there come those moments where you are doing something and you begin to think about those past people or that one person and you kind of get lost in the moment - not in a good way. That sinking feeling if you will, of what used to be or what could have been.

Why do we always get lost in those thoughts? Perhaps in those moments of what used to be, you developed friendships you lost that you can never really get back. That's the killer part right there. So many relationships seem to have their small problems. And sometimes they end right before your eyes, before you know what hit you.

My friend shared this picture quote on facebook today:

I honestly hope that I wind up with my next relationship being just like this, even just for a little while. It'll make me wonder why I began to miss the past when the present is so much better. 

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I think that can be incredibly difficult. You just get used to having someone to text first thing in the morning and knowing that there is always going to be someone there. But now is a great time to focus on YOU and what you want, so enjoy that! And that perfect relationship thing was so beautiful.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love visitors, but I love reading comments more. Please comment, I always read em. Thanks for stopping in!