I am dying here (hypothetically, not for real). I don't particularly like posting via text, however I have been feeling like such an unreliable blogger, especially for you guys who are avid readers of my blog (although you are few and far between). So I thought that the least I could do was give you all a half decent post to read, or at least one noticeable enough for you to feast your eyes upon. ;)
Sorry in advance to all my fellow grammar nazis for any spelling or grammar errors
I suppose I can begin by explaining my reasoning behind having to blog on my phone rather than on a computer like 90% of the blogger community and the rest of the CIVILIZED AND TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED world.
So my poor old Apple Gateway (it is literally just a gateway laptop with an apple sticker on the top) decided to finally take its last breath. Honestly, I am surprised she lived as long as she did. 4 years is a long time for a computer, let alone a laptop to live by any standard (from what I am told). As much as I hate to dishonor her, she should not have lived so long especially due to the treatment she has endured over the years. I thought I treated her quite well. 6 hard drive wipes and crumb droppings later, I think the opposite.
I should mention that you are doing something seriously wrong to ever have to have your hard drive wiped more than once, let alone 6 times. Okay, so I didn't use antivirus as much as I should have. Common sense would tell you to run a virus scan once a week at the very least, I guess my common sense got wiped away the first time my laptop was restored. If it weren't for knowing people who know computer stuff, my pockets would be empty. Thank goodness for nerds. Now who can say that on a daily basis?
The only thing nerds aren't good for is removing food crumbs from keyboards. Okay so I sound like a fat kid, but can you blame me? When you are a college student and have nothing else to do when you eat, you're bound to make a mess! Scratch that, when you are me, you know you're gonna make a mess of crumbs. What can I say? I love me my food all day every day. I think over the years I have had to remove keys and reposition them just so they wouldn't stick due to food remenants. -_- Seriously, fat kid at heart.
I guess that takes us to my sad, depressing computerless life. Apple Gateway decided she had enough of the crumbs and restores and seems to have offish shut down for good. Unless there are any smart computer people out there...she is finding her way into a very dark corner to be replaced by a brand new Lenovo Flex 15 Ultra book who let me tell you will be treated with more respect than a priest at a nun's picnic. (Okay terrible analogy, but you get the point).
Lenny's arrival in the mail will be a very glorious welcoming. AG's chance to live again has diminished, why with the amount I have put into Lenny I would certainly hope he is completely worth it.
Sorry Apple Gateway, you are old, outdated and dead.
Lenny, I can't wait to meet you and touch your screen (something AG never had!) and love you more than life itself.
Well, looks like its out with the old and in with the new. It is time for advancement and that good ole gateway just doesn't cut it anymore. Touch screen FTW!
Updates to follow!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love visitors, but I love reading comments more. Please comment, I always read em. Thanks for stopping in!