Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Epiphany

Today I had an epiphany, I realized that I was growing up. Gross. This epiphany occurred somewhere between the time my Wellness class started and the moment I pulled out the Ray Bans knock offs from my purse, which don't let people know at all what college you're from. (Because the school website graciously printed on either side of the sunglasses isn't a clear give away or anything) 

So yes, much to my lack of despair and embarrassment I popped on the sunglasses, set my phone up against my instructor's podium (before class began) and set the timer. Yep, I photo whored it to the max. 


When I posted this to facebook (prior to the excellent editing job), the photo was captioned "Too cool for school."  I'm aware that I'm not THAT cool, however if you rock the right pair of sunglasses you certainly feel quite "cool".

What does my minor attention deficit disorder have to do with my growing up? I'll tell you. 

Somehow, putting on the sunglasses triggered the epiphany much like the way putting on a top hat triggers a person's classy factor. 

Here's a few things I realized (bare in mind that I'm not even 20 yet, barely 6 months into being 19) :
I'm graduating in June
I'm officially done college in May
Searching for a job is on the top of my To do list
Creating a professional resume is stressful
I have to find my own place by the end of August - no longer a student, thus no longer needing student housing

Last of all, I don't want to grow up. What happened to the days of pogs, furbies, lego and long hours outside with refusal to come inside? I don't think I'm ready to be an adult. I love being on my own, but growing up is hard to do. 

It looks like, my friends, that the days of being fanci free are coming to a close and the moment the working world consumes me, I'll be ready as a person can be fearing the unknown. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love visitors, but I love reading comments more. Please comment, I always read em. Thanks for stopping in!