Sunday, August 18, 2013

Crossword Crazy


Hey my lovelies, I hope you are having a wonderful weekend! Today I thought I would share with you my current satisfaction, and quite frankly it has become a bit of an addiction. Yes my friends, crosswords. Basically the exact kind you see old couples doing on Sunday mornings (I speak from experience, my wonderful Grandma and Opa do these on a regular basis). 

I have completed so many over the course of 2 months that I have lost count. Okay, okay. I haven't completed them all by my lonesome, that is quite a daunting task you know. ;) Instead my fellow coworkers Josh and Sandra (I hope I am not violating anyone's right to personal space about NOT being mentioned in a blog, although...anyone who gets mentioned in a post should feel special.) and I work on crosswords basically every break during a 12 hour shift. Other people talk about friends or family, or inappropriate stories about cucumbers, WE spend our time working on crosswords. One would think that doing crosswords on such a regular basis, it would get redundant but in fact they are getting more fun. 

Interesting fact kids: You learn more about words, synonyms, antonyms, abbreviations, definitions, letters and onomatopoeia whilst participating in the completion of a crossword puzzle than you do anywhere else. I mean who would know that an AERIE is an eagle's nest, an ERNE is a sea eagle and another word for nameless is ANON? The last time I ever heard, erhm I mean read, anon in any sentence was reading Shakespeare's plays in high school and even then, I never understood what it meant...until now. 

I take great pride in the notion that my IQ is significantly higher due to the sudden increase in my vocabulary skills. Not that I needed an increased vocabulary, but hey, I'll take what I can get; especially if I sound much more intelligent. HAHA

I would greatly recommend that all of you try your hand at crosswords if you haven't already. You will just feel so much more knowledgeable. I certainly do not intend on stopping any time soon. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love visitors, but I love reading comments more. Please comment, I always read em. Thanks for stopping in!