Hey all! Yes, it has been about a week since I have last posted. What can I say? I have been so busy I have lost track of time. Thus here I am, apologizing for being late on a post.
I am surprised I haven't mentioned last week about the forthcoming visit with Rachel (which I guess is past going). For those of you a little bit confused as to who Rachel is, she has been mentioned in past posts. My old roommate. My best lady. I hadn't seen her since before I left Kitchener (sad face) to move back home.
That wonderful woman that she is, braved the 5 hour car ride through Toronto traffic just to come see me. What a brave, brave soul. I was over the moon excited to see her and even though our visit was short, it was a good one. She got to see good ole Brockvegas. Tait's Bakery. "Old Downtown". One of Canada's First Railway Tunnels. Yep, that pretty much sums it all up.
If I had it my way, she would have stayed for much longer than about 36 hours. That is just 3 shifts at the factory and in reality, it is just not long enough. :( It looks like I will be taking a train adventure back up to the Kitchener area in the near future to pay HER a visit.
In other news, after many years of being on an unintentional hiatus from the great outdoors, I went camping (for one night... which is a surprise because usually I don't go anywhere without my straightener) with most of my family. Surprisingly I had a good time (minus the sleeping arrangements on uncomfortable mattresses in a tent trailer).
Of the few activities I participated in, the morning trip to the beach with my brothers was the greatest. The past few years haven't provided us with much sibling time but that beach trip was fun. Obviously I basked in the sun as much as I could...come on, I am a 20 year old girl woman who would be crazy not to. Besides, there isn't much beautiful summer sun left to get flawless tanning in, so I took advantage.
My brothers tried to teach me how to skip stones, I failed miserably but they were almost pros at it. Definitely flawless performances. HAHA
Stone skipping skills seems to run in the family, I just did not inherit those genes! My youngest brother inherited the "humor" genes. If you have ever seen my family's sense of humor, you'd probably shake your head following an emphasized "Dear lord."
He "caught" a fish with his hands. That sounds fabulous, when you hear it without the caught in quotations; except for the fact that the fish was dead....
...with a hook in its mouth. Poor fish. The guy didn't have a chance. He could have been good grilled, if he was like five sizes bigger.




I'm glad that you were able to see her! It looks like it was a lot of fun.
ReplyDeletethe-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com
I love the pictures in this post. I'm glad you had such fun with an old friend; those visits are always too short but always the best.
ReplyDeleteEm
Tightrope to the Sun
Love the pic in the tunnel!
ReplyDelete