Monday, September 2, 2013

Too Young



Any other day I would be having random ramblings as I usually do and even though I have a post pre-written, I cannot post it today due to a series of very unfortunate events that have been happening around in my community, more specifically my work environment. Not only have coworkers lost loved ones to illness, or have been in traumatic accidents but a coworker who is well known by many in the factory has lost his son. 

At 12:30 this morning my co-worker lost his son Aaron Stevenson to a fatal hit and run by a drunk driver. Aaron, only about 16 years old was skateboarding with his friend (whom is the son of another coworker) when from what I understand he was hit and later passed away in hospital. It has definitely come as a shock to many of us. I look on facebook and 90% of the statuses are about how unfortunate it was to lose someone who had so much to live for, who was so young and how unfair it is for the driver to survive when the innocent die. Any sentence will not be enough for the pain the driver has caused the family and everyone who knew him. 

I didn't personally know him, however no one deserves this and it is going to be a very long road for his family. My heart goes out to the Stevenson family. Life is never the same when a loved one passes. You're in many hearts Aaron. RIP. 


“It is a curious thing, the death of a loved one. We all know that our time in this world is limited, and that eventually all of us will end up underneath some sheet, never to wake up. And yet it is always a surprise when it happens to someone we know. It is like walking up the stairs to your bedroom in the dark, and thinking there is one more stair than there is. Your foot falls down, through the air, and there is a sickly moment of dark surprise as you try and readjust the way you thought of things.” 
― Lemony Snicket, Horseradish: Bitter Truths You Can't Avoid


Please share this post, and comment if you have the strength, the heart or the ability to. 
post signature



3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so sad! I will be praying for the family :( Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear of all the heartache you are seeing. That quote is the exact feeling a loved one's death gives. A few years ago an aunt and uncle of mine died 9 hours apart from two separate forms of cancer. It's not something I can even begin to pretend to understand. Death is a funny thing but luckily, with time, you get through it. I send all my good thoughts your way and to the families going through this.

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Lovely post! I would like to invite you to know my blog, do you like? ;) www.mvesblog.com

    ReplyDelete

I love visitors, but I love reading comments more. Please comment, I always read em. Thanks for stopping in!