This world is a man's world. I like to think that we (women) rule the world. Who run the world? Girls. Who run this motha? Girls. Who run the world? Girls. For the most part it's true. A couple of weeks ago, I read an article in Cosmo called The Ambition Gap. It's about how society, specifically the work force is becoming woman dominated.
Studies show time and time again that women are beginning to earn more than men because they have more drive to get what they want and move up in their careers. The unfortunate side of things is that they are also getting into serious relationships later and are getting married later. This is the only scary part for me. I am a planner, I like to have things planned and I certainly hope above all else that I am married before I am 27. It's great that women are becoming much more self-reliant and many are leaving their hubbies at home to raise the kids. One day, I certainly hope to be one of those self-reliant, career climbing women (even though honestly, I'd be a content stay at home Mom if my husband brings in enough money for me to eat....and shop).
From where I am standing, at this moment, I see the world as a Man run world. I am more or less gearing that toward my workplace. This is purely due to the fact that I am among men twice, occasionally three times my age with a male to female ratio of something ridiculous like 15:1.
When you're a female and are working in a factory, let alone having 80% or more of your co-workers being men, the only thing that separates you from the men is your monthly cycle. And even then, it's questionable if the men are just grouchy or actually PMSing.
Let me tell you, as much as I enjoy the company and conversations with my co-workers, if there ever was a zombie apocalypse and the tape factory employees were the only human survivors, I'd willingly sacrifice my body and soul to the zombies. Sorry Father Time (aka. Daddio. aka. Dad), my soul will be taken by zombies before I let any of my co-workers take it, including you Daddio.




This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete