Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Fifties



These lovely ladies. They are two very well known women, and in my honest opinion I would say they are both equally, the pinnacle of fashion. Of all eras, Hepburn & Monroe shared an era of greatness. Two very beautiful and talented women. 
For me, I don't know what it is about her but I idolize Audrey Hepburn. While I haven't seen any of the films from the era, I have always known Ms. Hepburn as a top fashion icon. Everything she wore was perfection and even to this day I wouldn't be against wearing the things that once called her closet home. 
On the other hand, Marilyn Monroe had the body type to die for. This lady wasn't a stick like many ladies today, instead she had wonderful curves. I wonder where the joy for curves went. The 50's era didn't have body type issues the way we have today. I know that if Ms. Monroe was still alive today, she would campaign for people to like their bodies the way they are. Curves and all. Like this one, she took amazing photos, ones in which I would love to be a part of myself. 

Speaking of this wonderful era of the 50's, I have always said that if I could go back to any point of time I would go back to the 50's. There are so many reasons why. I will admit that I would probably miss all the technology but from what I hear from Grandma, dating was fabulous. Now, of course I wouldn't just go back for the dating scene, but it would be a huge part of it. Men were mostly all gentlemen and dates pretty much consisted of trips to the local diner to have burgers and share milkshakes. 


Need I mention that people just looked so much cuter than they do today? 

While I am not a fashion guru by any means, I have always been inspired by the 50's clothing styles which are slowly but surely coming back. I have seen it time and time again. However I would love to wear genuine 50's women's clothing. The dresses are just absolutely over the top gorgeous. Yes, they are longer but they were just so flowy, and poufy and fun. 




Any one else notice how fabulous the dresses are? Also, the women look absolutely carefree. In all honesty I would be quite content to be a housewife back then, as long as my husband brought home enough money for me to spend on great numbers such as those shown above. 

Why can't the 50's just come back completely? It'd be fun to go to a sock hop, date a greaser and wear those fancy poodle skirts all the time. I would definitely kill it. 
post signature



3 comments:

  1. I am always super inspired by the 50s as well. Audrey is my biggest inspiration!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed with everything! audrey hepburn is just so gorgeous and so are all those dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still waiting for your next blog

    ReplyDelete

I love visitors, but I love reading comments more. Please comment, I always read em. Thanks for stopping in!