I think to begin the series right, I want to talk about this man right here:
My Dad. The one male who has been the most constant in my life since the very beginning. The man who comforted me when I was scared. Hugged me when I cried. Who has always offered great advice. And who has put up with my four years of the terrible twos. The man who, after his years of telling Navy tales about his travels over seas...quite literally...has inspired and encouraged me to travel.
He is probably the main reason I have reached my goals and continue to set goals. He always has had the can do attitude. The kind of attitude toward life in which you have to cherish the moments and live with no regrets. Dad has always been my go to guy when it comes to needing life advice. He's had more ups and downs than most and while I can't relate because he has provided me with all the tools I need to succeed, something that he had to gain on his own, he has been the best teacher in my eyes.
He has taught me patience - with people, places, things and time. He has taught me that the only way to get anywhere in life is to work for it, if you don't have a good work ethic and if you don't work hard you will never get what you want. He has taught me to drive with confidence. In life and behind the wheel you are driving the person in front of you, the person behind you and that asshole who keeps inching his way past you. I've learned from him that if you don't have control of your finances now, you'll be headed down a slippery slope later. He's taught me that men come and go, but if I find one that makes me laugh, treats me well and makes me happy, I will always have his blessing because if I am happy, he is happy. Finally, the most important lesson I have learned from him is that goals keep us going. Always go after what you want or you'll regret it down the road. I don't want to be an old lady regretting the chances I didn't take.
Without Dad ( also known as Daddio, Padre, Dadtar, Father, Father time), I wouldn't be who/where I am today. Because of his love and support, I am living out my dreams. He has nurtured my desire to explore and in life I am grateful for that. Everything I do, I do because of him. He has never been more proud of me and I guess in a sense, I have never been so proud of him.
This isn't normally how I would have done Inspiration Wednesday, however I feel that it is the best way I can start this blog off anew.
Who's your inspiration this week?


No comments:
Post a Comment
I love visitors, but I love reading comments more. Please comment, I always read em. Thanks for stopping in!