Have you ever been somewhere and gotten sick? I don't mean like throwing up sick after a late night of drinking, but I mean being sick, sick. And I don't know about you, but when I am sick the only thing I want is my Mum to come and take care of me (cue childhood nostalgia) or somebody/something to snuggle with. For the past 30+ hours I have had a miserable cold and neither of those things. *sad face*
It doesn't help that the likelihood of getting sick significantly increases with the amount of people you live with. Most of the time, I live with 4 other people. My host Mum and the three (yes three) children under my care. Two of which still don't understand that you need to cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. Let me just say, the two little ones are probably the reason I am just getting over a cold now.
My host Mum and I are the only ones who are/have been sick. How does that even work? I mean, I knew that kids are walking, talking breeding grounds for germs but seriously? I guess with my field of work, comes the joys of getting sick.
The house has been stocked with pretty much every Aussie cold medication you could possibly think of. Most of which you can't combine with another due to this one ingredient Paracetamol. Something about liver damage. Needless to say, I have been pretty well drugged for the past two days and am finally starting to feel like myself again.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love visitors, but I love reading comments more. Please comment, I always read em. Thanks for stopping in!