Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Little Things

Being in Australia, or any new country for that matter, one seems to always be drawn to all the touristy things that you see on tv or in Lonely Planet's newest guide to (insert name of preferred destination here) and when you are a tourist in the country for only a short amount of time, you want to see and do all the things you read about in the latest blogs and/or magazines. In the scheme of things, when you are practically a resident of another country for a longer period of time (in my case, a whole entire year), you begin to see and experience the things that a lot of other people miss out on. I would have never thought that I'd see so much of Brisbane, the part that only the locals can appreciate on a regular basis. Now that I have made a handful of friends, they are able to show me what short term visitors rarely get to see/do.

I've really been enjoying the little things. They make for some great close-ups.









post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love visitors, but I love reading comments more. Please comment, I always read em. Thanks for stopping in!