Not so recently ago (back in August) I had really gotten into TED talks. If you don't know what those are, there is a whole website with videos of people more or less making inspirational speeches or sharing their knowledge. Sometimes they are very comedic, sometimes there are very intense talks and sometimes they are quite influential and leave you with a different way of thinking.
Among those who leave you with a different way of thinking, I admire Sarah Kay. She does spoken word poetry and is absolutely amazing at what she does. Of all her spoken word, this video is my favourite, titled If I should have a daughter. I have used a handful of quotes from this video in past Facebook posts. It's easy to relate and truly think about them as well. It's about 18 minutes long but if you have 18 minutes out of your day I highly recommend watching it.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love visitors, but I love reading comments more. Please comment, I always read em. Thanks for stopping in!