And so has begun my packing escapades. Day by day, bit by bit progress is being made and yet somehow it seems that barely a dent has been made in my room. The many advantages I have taken with the "free" money I had have finally crawled out of the shadows. Ah, student loans, ingraining in your brain that you can do anything with it you want. Ain't that FAR from the truth.
Countless DVDs ,VHS tapes, accessories, shoes, jackets, photographs and clothing pieces later, the monster of "shopping sprees" has reared its ugly head and has doomed me to an eternity of packing. Okay, so maybe I am over-exaggerating a little...but the sad truth is that my first semester, I spent 400-500 dollars on clothing alone...about a month or two later, I spent another 200 on Christmas gifts.
If there is one thing that being a college student on my own has taught me, it is to be more frugal with my money. Here I am a year and a half later, having to pack up because I can't afford next month's rent. To think, that money could have been one extra month of me living here...in this great house, with terrible room mates who take no claim to the two week old pile of dishes in the sink. They're not mine because I wash everything once I am finished. It looks like the dish gnomes are at it again, leaving trails of dirty dishes, beer bottles and bottle caps...having parties which I was uninvited. Suddenly, moving back home seems to be heaven compared to what I put up with here.
To the dish gnomes who seem to have taken residence on the main floor of this house:
I will catch you, and murder you with dish soap - I have to buy some but guess what dish gnomes! Tomorrow at Zehrs is student day, we save 10% on all our groceries...that means, I save something like 15 cents on dish soap...which also means I shall be cleaning your mess and then....
PACKING UP MY POTS AND PANS.
Oh, I should mention that I have decided to try an experiment. I am going to pack up all my pots, pans and cooking utensils and see what kind of ravening beasts my roommates become. I move home in a little less than 2 weeks and this seems like an appropriate time to put this experiment into practice. Okay, I know it is a bit harsh but it is payback for all the times I have had to clean dishes that were not mine, and for the pots and messes left all over the Kitchen even after the threatening notes I had posted. Need I mention... 3 GUYS. Too much testosterone under one roof.
They may dislike me, but sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures...much like the Fuse Box Ultimatum of January 2013. Although this they can forgive me for, the Fuse Box Ultimatum is a different story.
Dish gnomes, experiements and ultimatums aside somehow, I am scared to pack up because what was in the future is now in the present and is truly becoming a reality. A bitter-sweet reality. I know that home is where the heart is but Kitchener is where everything else is. It's a sad realization, but at the same time I know it's for better things. With 2 weeks left before I am out of Kitchener for who knows how long, this packing thing seems like a daunting task. Yet my excitement for what's to come puts extra sugar on these bitter sweet feelings. Now, just gotta get through 2 more days of school and then reality may become less distasteful.

ughhh, the joys of packing. good luck with that! (and yay for saving 15c! every little bit helps, right? ;D)
ReplyDelete