Thursday, April 18, 2013

The End is Near!


Hey all! I am back. Yes, you no longer need to worry that I was M.I.A, I am back  - hopefully with full force. It was suggested by my counsellor...(Yes, counsellor...I'm no addict, so you can leave your worries aside) that I stop blogging for a while and take a leave of absence from blogging until I was finished my major assignments. Guess what lovelies?! Those assignments are finished and I am happy to be back in the blogger-verse. :)

It has been a crazy past week and a half. I have spent countless hours in my school library after school hours  - I guess there is no rest for the wicked, and spent many moments alone in the computer labs to get assignments finished. I am happy to say that I am no longer killing brain cells just to retrieve information to finish papers. Ah, the college life - it has finally caught up to me. 

It's crazy though. I haven't seen myself doing this many hours worth of school work in one week the entire time I have been in college. I guess when it is so close to the end, they like to throw entire rainforests at you. If you ask me, the reason the rainforests are dying is to educate college students like myself. The education system is the main killer of the trees. SHAME ON  YOU! I thought society was better than that...HAHAHA, society being better - not a chance!

THE END IS NEAR! Or so they have been telling us for the past couple weeks. But it's true. A week from today I am officially finished college. I am still unsure of what to make of it, let alone what to think about doing for the rest of my life. It's the real world, honey. Well dear, you better watch out cause this girl is gonna set this world on fire! 

One week. One week. One week. I tell myself that, but it just seems so unreal. Father time did tell me when I moved out, "Once you're on your own, life will begin to go by faster." I didn't believe it, but damn Daddy Dearest was so correct. I am expected now to look for jobs because soon I will have my diploma. Something that I just never expected to see come so soon. But hey, life works in mysterious ways and we just gotta live with it, right? 

One week til I am officially done college. 2 and a half weeks until I move back home (I'll be living rent free, so I really shouldn't complain). 2 months until I graduate and 15 months until Australia happens. It's all happening so fast, as if it has come from nowhere. 

You know in movies when someone is at a moment in their life and it feels like everything around them is moving in fast forward and they are moving in slow motion? That's how I feel at this point in my life. It's crazy. I am still getting over the fact that I am no longer a child. I keep repeating over and over in my mind that I will 20 this year. It's huge. My life is finally becoming this thing I had only imagined when I was young. As much as I want to go back to that time, I can't and the only thing I can do is embrace this thing we call life. I gotta take those lemons with open arms and make lemonade. 

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/5170411/?claim=jg6hc2rm8zs">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

post signature

2 comments:

  1. wow! congrats on being nearly done :) it does seem crazy... I can't wait until that's me! (okay, not the rainforests part...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And yes, it's an exciting thought to be going off to college...but do prepare for the rants you will have about how colleges kill trees. :P

      Delete

I love visitors, but I love reading comments more. Please comment, I always read em. Thanks for stopping in!