Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Blood Relations


After a fun-filled weekend with the Kipper Klan and the blood relations, I am finally winding down. Sister is in Peterborough with the Boyfriend visiting a close friend of hers, the blood relations are on their way back to M-town and here is me, sitting, exhausted from a useless day of classes in which I could have obtained today's knowledge elsewhere. 

I guess, it is about time to play catch up. 


These two beautiful people are my sister Brianna and her Boyfriend of a year and a half, Matt. They came up to visit on Friday. I was not prepared for the shenanigans that took place the entire weekend. 

Aside from the fact that we probably drove Matt more nuts than most, I was astounded at how well we managed to get along. We spent a great deal of time reminiscing at our childhood, with the ups and downs of our temperaments...never fully getting along. Then, out of no where we grow up - get along, drive everyone nuts and even though we are both pretty much in our twenties (I being twenty in a few months) we still act like we are a couple of twelve year olds.(What can I say, I guess we will never grow up)

The rest of the weekend consisted of much time spent with family. We enjoyed some fabulous feasts, great talks with family and hilarious conversations that can only happen when influenced by alcohol. 

Speaking of alcohol. Somehow, I have grown to really appreciate wine. It's weird and I always walk around saying how gross it is that I enjoy it so much, considering a year ago I strongly detested it. 

Saturday night during our family visit, my Aunt made Sangria (which if you don't know, it's wine mixes with various fruits and what have you) it was AMAZING. So amazing in fact that I consumed 3 glasses of it. I am beginning to like this whole grown up life-style. 

Easter dinner was weird, there was barely a kids table (we are all pretty much past that, except for 4 of the kids in our family now - mind you, mentally wise - 90% of the family belong at the kids table) and seeing all of us cousins growing up, it's only a matter of time before there will be a full on kids table loaded with high chairs. Scary thought but the truth can be scary sometimes. 

Long story short, we feasted on pork and other delectable foods. We talked about our lives. And then Brianna, Matt and I headed home to Kitchener...an hour a half drive, only to return to Mount Forest for brunch the next day. All the food and family was overwhelming (in a most certain good way) and was a bit of a reminder that we are all growing up. 

I'm happy and excited that Brianna and I have come a long way. And that we have grown up to be two very awesome people, and all from the same blood line! 


Growing up is hard to do...but sometimes, when you come from the same blood line - we gotta flaunt it! (And it meaning our genes)


Life's a beautiful thing. Family helps to realize it. 


post signature

1 comment:

I love visitors, but I love reading comments more. Please comment, I always read em. Thanks for stopping in!