In college, 9 times out of 10, your main priority is keeping on top of school. This means you push jobs, hangouts and drinking aside just so you can make it to graduation day with more than decent grades.
They say "Money doesn't buy happiness." Whoever said that, is completely out of their rocker. In order to "be happy", you need to be able to pay rent, your phone bill, internet/cable bills, and be able to put food on the table 2-3 times a day. Realistically, if you can't provide these things for yourself (something money buys), you will be unhappy, it's inevitable.
I think I've made the mistake of putting school first I've made school a priority to the extent now financially, I am not so well off forcing me to yes prepare a stack of resumes, find time in my "busy" schedule and face the ultimate doom of interviews.
********
All hope is not lost however. This week, somehow I have been graced with 2 Nanny interviews. (Someone up in the heavens finally decided it was my turn....thank you G-man!) Yesterday was my first of the two (not knowing I would be offered an interview with another family) and I accepted the offer not because of the wages (which were quite low by the way) but because at least I'd have something lined up come June.
Checking my email after returning home last night, I notice that someone got back to me on replying to their Kijiji ad. Interview #2 seems promising. Thursday at 6pm I learn if I am adequate enough to care for a precious 17 month old boy.
Do I see a bit of competition to acquire little ole me as their caregiver? I certainly hope so!
Somehow everything seems to be falling into place once again. I'll be able to pay rent, my phone bill, cable/internet, groceries and most importantly be able to save enough to travel abroad. My prospects are nothing but good.
Positivity. Happiness. Two words that have been getting me through. It's only a matter of time.
********
All hope is not lost however. This week, somehow I have been graced with 2 Nanny interviews. (Someone up in the heavens finally decided it was my turn....thank you G-man!) Yesterday was my first of the two (not knowing I would be offered an interview with another family) and I accepted the offer not because of the wages (which were quite low by the way) but because at least I'd have something lined up come June.
Checking my email after returning home last night, I notice that someone got back to me on replying to their Kijiji ad. Interview #2 seems promising. Thursday at 6pm I learn if I am adequate enough to care for a precious 17 month old boy.
Do I see a bit of competition to acquire little ole me as their caregiver? I certainly hope so!
Somehow everything seems to be falling into place once again. I'll be able to pay rent, my phone bill, cable/internet, groceries and most importantly be able to save enough to travel abroad. My prospects are nothing but good.
Positivity. Happiness. Two words that have been getting me through. It's only a matter of time.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love visitors, but I love reading comments more. Please comment, I always read em. Thanks for stopping in!