Somehow, please don't ask me how - I have gained a very intense interest in Australia. I don't quite know why, it just seems to me that there are so many more opportunities there than I could have ever expected, let alone imagined.
I have an adventurous heart, I have always had a thirst for adventure yet the prospects when I was young were bleak. Recently, I have realized that I am at a point in my life where it is completely under my control. Any decision or fantasy I have now, is much more likely to happen. The future prospects seem to be not so desolate and grey.
I somehow feel the need to thank Benjamin Hoff. For those of you who don't know who he is, he is the writer of The Tao of Pooh - a book I have most recently become quite fond of. Benjamin Hoff talks about the carefree nature that is Winnie the Pooh. Pooh Bear takes life as it comes and doesn't have a single worry..or in Pooh Bear terms, A single bother.
I quote Benjamin Hoff in saying “Attitude gets in the way of things like wisdom
and happiness, and pretty much prevents any sort of real Accomplishment in
life.”
I have been living with a somewhat negative attitude in the sense that I didn't believe that I'd ever be able to travel and feared that I would be Canada bound my entire life - Mind you, being Canada bound isn't that bad I am sure.
I've changed my attitude. Thank you Benjamin Hoff. I've learned not to limit myself. When you put so many limitations, you go back to the whole "What if..." concept I previously mentioned in a past post. Hoff points out, "Once you face and understand your limitations, you can work with them, instead of having them work against you and get in your way, which is what they do when you ignore them, whether you realize it or not. And then you will find that, in many cases, your limitations can be your strengths." I don't think I could have worded it better than you Mr. Hoff.
The limitations I have put on myself during all these years, are finally becoming the things I get to work with. They've inspired my interest in pursuing what I want. It seems that, things are going to work out in the end. Of course in order for these things to work out, sometimes you have to make sacrifices and accept life as it is. Nothing ever comes easy to anyone. But give and you shall receive.
I'm gonna give my time, and energy and possibly make sacrifices if it means being able to pursue what I want - A life of Adventure and higher education. After all, I am still young. I want to explore everything life has to offer. One final quote from the one and only Pooh Bear:
“How can you get very far,
If you don't know who you are?
How can you do what you ought,
If you don't know what you've got?
And if you don't know which to do
Of all the things in front of you,
Then what you'll have when you are through
Is just a mess without a clue
Of all the best that can come true
If you know What and Which and Who.”
If you don't know who you are?
How can you do what you ought,
If you don't know what you've got?
And if you don't know which to do
Of all the things in front of you,
Then what you'll have when you are through
Is just a mess without a clue
Of all the best that can come true
If you know What and Which and Who.”
From the words of one of my favourite lyricists: Never let your fear decide your fate.


I think it's amazing that you have such an interest. It is certainly an incredible looking place. I have always dreamed of going there!
ReplyDeletethe-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com