Saturday, February 16, 2013

New Opportunities

Over the past little while, I have spent a great amount of time thinking about my career path and what I'm going to do after graduation. I've been thinking really hard and I have realized something.....
I AM GOING TO BE A PART OF A HUGE COMPETITION

I am competing with about 150+ other girls who will be sending in a colossal amount of resumes and cover letters who will all be going to the exact same places. 

The problem here is quite simple, everyone is not going to get the job. Some will have jobs lined prior to the end of studies, some will get summer jobs, some will be set up for September and some will be left - hopeless, feeling like the last two years have been pointless. 

I don't want to be in that position. Instead, I want to travel. It's been on my mind for a VERY long time. 

12. Fly Somewhere that takes 12+ hours
17. Go on an amazing adventure
25. Backpack through Europe
37. Tour the Louvre
44. Float on the Dead Sea

It's been on my mind so long, that similar items have become part of my bucket list. How am I going to acheive these things, if all I ever do is wonder and think instead of do? 

So, my lovelies, I want to start a new chapter in my life and Au Pair abroad.





Of all the beautiful places that I would love to visit (because let's get real, it's pretty much every place that is pretty foreign to me), I've narrowed it down to 4 places: England, Australia, France and Amsterdam. 

Naturally, I've already wanted to see England, France and Australia - it wasn't until Tuesday night's phone conversation with Father time that Amsterdam was added to the list. 

The majority of you don't know this but my father used to be in The Navy. He has been to pretty much every continent and has visited most major cities/towns around the world. He suggested, that if I ever decide to live anywhere in or around Europe, Amsterdam is the place to be. You can hop on a train from Amsterdam, and travel in pretty much any direction you so much desire - France, Germany, Poland to name a few.

I want a positive, memorable life experience. Yes, we can all have memorable life experiences but how long will it be before your experiences sound boring and over told when your only experiences are here on Canadian soil? Don't get me wrong, Canada is a great place to live but I want to travel beyond borders like my father - but lets get real here, I wouldn't make it through basic training if I joined the Navy to do it.

I don't want to have regrets. For once, I want something that I will be 100% excited about with no regrets. There is no way this time I am going to think myself out of this (as I have with past small opportunities - but opportunities nonetheless). I'm never going to know and keep wondering "What if" if I don't take action.

And so begins the first step in the process: testing legitimacy, catching scammers, and signing up with a million different websites - many of which are reputable so that I can begin a new chapter.

Australia, England, Amsterdam and France, watch out...I've got my eye and heart set on you!















1 comment:

I love visitors, but I love reading comments more. Please comment, I always read em. Thanks for stopping in!