Monday, March 18, 2013

Campaign, campaign, campaign

So begins my Campaign as of March 13th. To raise money. To go to University. To complete a 4-5 year program. In 2 years...ABROAD The only downside to this amazing opportunity is that for one year I will need an upwards of about 24 000 dollars to cover tuition and housing. 

It is quite the feat, I know. However I am willing to make every sacrifice possible to make this dream a reality. I have decided that I want to do more with my life than just have my ECE diploma. 

And so, what better way to begin by sending out letters to my family and friends of the family. I have so much planned for the next year, all involve great plans to save money for this amazing adventure I hope to go on in 2014.

I have agreed to move back home.(Mostly because I can't afford to live where I am at much past April) It's not my first choice at all and frankly it's bitter sweet. However, living rent free is the best opportunity to save up the money to travel to Australia.

My Dad is helping me to get a job at his work and I mean my last choice would be to work in a factory but if I am bringing home the dough, I could care less where I work. My Mom is looking into costs to run a stand at the market in my small hometown and she is also already getting me occasional childcare jobs. On top of all that I am in the process of creating labels for the market, I have 2 types of business cards in progress, I'll be having a yard sale when I move back home and I am throwing every bit of change I have into a jar. Not to mention, a couple of my profs are going to try to get me in contact with a student they had who did a similar thing.

I am so happy to have the support system I have. It will be a painstakingly good year for me.

Any fundraising tips from pros? I am committing an entire year for this to become a reality. Wish me luck all!
I will be keeping you all updated in the coming months. 

post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love visitors, but I love reading comments more. Please comment, I always read em. Thanks for stopping in!