I know this is a bit overdue, however I haven't had motivation to write about much else. I have been waiting on a friend to post the pics and now that they have officially been facebooked, I can now write this post and make the pictures officially INTERWEBBED.
In my last post, I had mentioned that on February 28th I was doing something called The Polar Plunge. And no, we didn't do this crazy thing just for fun (But let's get real, we totally did); it was for a good cause. The Canadian Breast Cancer Society. <----- There are a couple contradictions with this in the mere sense that pretty much every fundraising event seems to be geared toward our lovely ladies we keep on our chests.
Contradictions aside, this was quite the event and I came pretty prepared:
![]() |
| Yes, I most certainly did do it for the ladies. |
What I was not prepared for was someone who could possibly be more awesome than myself:
But let's get real - the dude was pretty awesome. We certainly can not deny that. He is the closest thing to a real live super hero...after all, if we ever need the guy in the red cape I am sure he will come when we call!
I never thought that I would thoroughly enjoy jumping into a pool of cold water in -8 degree weather. However since I did it for "World Peace" (actually because I wanted an exciting memory prior to graduation) I enjoyed it much more than I should have. Without even blinking, I totally cannon balled....
People asked me if it was cold...I honestly couldn't say. I think as soon as I hit the water I went into a sort of shock where temperature didn't matter at all. However I could only assume that in the midst of winter, it was pretty cold. But, I would probably do it about 3-4 times over if I could have. But I think I would be facing the possibility of frost bite if that happened.
Fortunately I did not succumb to the inevitable post-plunge cold! I am alive, healthy and well....probably thanks to my awesomeness.




Oh my gosh, you are super brave! What a good cause :)
ReplyDeletethe-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com
omg, that does look awesome! /is totally going to do that sometime
ReplyDelete