Saturday, December 22, 2012

Dance it out

After spending an entire night being out, having drinks and having fun, I didn't ever think that I would try so hard to look good. Call it my ego being too big or having it orbit my head, but I can't recall a moment when I looked much better than this nor have I felt much better. 

I had a moment while I was with Erika and getting ready where I was like "Wow, I'm grown up." It's interesting how much life appears to change when you begin to grow up. It's even more interesting when you have a friend who has pretty much grown up with you to be there to agree and reminisce. 

Best I've looked in a while
I have realized how my clubbing experience measured up to my first time expectations. I wasn't surprised at many of the things that happened however, although some things were not on my list of original expectations. As such, I have concocted a list of things that I have learned:





Sometimes bouncers are jerks, if they have it out for your friend
People will not always offer to pay for drinks, unless they're your friends
Your friends can potentially be hit on by more guys than you, jealousy is normal
Relatively attractive men will hit on you
It's almost a given that if you're a girl, you'll get your ass slapped
You have to pretty much breathe on a person for them to hear what you're saying
You'll go home with at least one phone number
You'll be asked to go home with a guy, it's okay to say no
It's much better to predrink, bar drinks are somewhat expensive
Sometimes you'll get suckered in for a kiss, that's okay
Grinding is fun, but watch guys' hands and know when enough is enough
It's better to carry cash, too many people lose/forget their credit cards
Sometimes, you've just gotta DANCE IT OUT


As exhausted as I am from dancing so hard (need I say, I danced for the first time in years), I am happy to say that I can't remember a time where I enjoyed myself so much. I don't know why I have avoided it for a number of months but hanging around so many drunkards and cool people has made me more open to the "club lifestyle". It's fun to go out, cuz you never know where it could lead. 

I thank my best friend for making this clubbing experience happen. Both her and her friend Marina took my clubbing virginity. I wouldn't have had it any other way. I look forward to more drunken club nights to come.

1 comment:

  1. Aweeee, that was for sure one of the best nights! ♥ & hahaha, I love your added list of things! Also, the bouncer dilemma has been resolved - all is now "cool". ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love visitors, but I love reading comments more. Please comment, I always read em. Thanks for stopping in!