Sunday, December 9, 2012

We are good at many things, just not directions

Tonight, I came to a very curious conclusion: Women are bad with directions - this is coming from a woman, or at least the time I checked. 

I'm hoping that, because this is coming from a woman you guys don't get all defensive. 

I am happy with admitting that men are just better at directions..but don't misconstrue that as men being better drivers, cuz that's not necessarily true. Why do you think their insurance rates are so much higher? 


I came to the conclusion after directing my friend through about a half hour drive from a peanut factory which should have only lasted about 15 minutes. 

My marvellous mental map skills directed her to the wrong turn off - in my defense, there is about 4-5 different turn offs between the peanut factory and home. So instead of turning off at the "right" turn off, I directed her to the turn off to a part of downtown neither of us had been before. It didn't help that by 5:00pm it gets dark at this time of year. 



In the midst of the ridiculous conversations we were having, I had directed her to a crescent with beautiful homes, dimmed street lights and quite ominous silence...it would have been great, had I directed her to the right place.

 I finally gave in to the notion that we are just awful with directions, so I pulled out my handy dandy smart phone and pulled up the map/gps. 



Most of the way home, both her and I went on to say that men are better with directions and we, without the technology we have now, would be women forever lost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love visitors, but I love reading comments more. Please comment, I always read em. Thanks for stopping in!