Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas Stress

Before tonight I never realized how stressful Christmas shopping is especially when you're on a budget. 


In previous years, it hasn't been such a big deal because my family usually bought for each other and in a family of 6, it's easier said than done.

 I think last year, I spent around 200 bucks on each of my siblings, my parents, both sets of grandparents and my Mom's brother. I thank student loans and scholarships for that. 



This year, my siblings and I agreed to do a gift exchange. You know, we draw names and shop for that person...like secret Santa except we know who is shopping for who. 

The budget is 20 bucks and we find something within that price range as most of us are all pretty much "poor" this year. 



Today I had a bit of a meltdown, I had shopped for about 2 hours with my classmate from school. 
Searching every store, high and low I could not find something suitable for my 16 year old brother. I had a few ideas but they appeared to not suffice. 

The kid is really into the oldies, such as The Beatles, KISS, AC/DC and so on. I didn't want to get him anything KISS cuz that's all I have gotten him, 3 years in a row now. 



I think I got to the point where I was ready to tantrum on the floor and give up completely. 

I only have 4 days before I go home for Christmas and my hands were empty and my brain was turning to mush. I called my dad and texted my mom as well as my sister, and still nothing came to mind. 

I wanted to give up, but my friend was confident I would find something. And so I did, about 3 hours later and 5 laps of the mall I set foot into one of the best clothing stores ever and found him something to suit the hipster in him. 



After that I was ready to head home, and drop dead. 

Now, my brain is still hurting and I'm quite certain I've proven my ability to make no expression when downing shots with my roommates. 

I'm ready to crash (no not because of the shots) because I'm too exhausted to do much else. 



Ah Christmas, the most stressful time of year. Especially on a budget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love visitors, but I love reading comments more. Please comment, I always read em. Thanks for stopping in!