Sunday, December 16, 2012

Not very Canadian

Often times, Canadians are stereotyped for many things. Such things include: It snows year round, every other word we say is "eh?", we have polar bears, penguins and we play hockey all the time. 

Our favourite food is apparently poutine. I've heard that if you go to the states and ask for poutine, they won't know what you're talking about. 

People think that all our police are Mounties and we all live in igloos.


Those things aren't very true. First of all, the only place that it snows year round is the North West Territories and the Yukon, really anything close to the Northern hemisphere.



A lot of Canadians don't say "eh" however, we are all guilty of saying it at least once in our life times. 



I have lived in Canada my entire life, and never have I seen a polar bear or penguin. The only place I would ever see one is at a zoo.


We do not play hockey all the time. Yes it is a Canadian sport but I hate it with a passion. I wouldn't mind being at a live game but if it's on TV, I'd rather chew tinfoil.


Poutine is absolutely disgusting. It's gross. Whoever thought mixing, fries with gravy and cheese was nuts. Then again, they were also French so it makes some sort of sense.



I'd rather chew tinfoil

We have regular police officers. I've only seen Mounties only a handful of times in my life.



We do not live in igloos. When it snows, between November and February/March most children around Canada will make igloos and pretend they live in them. We live in houses. We have heat. We do not dress like Eskimos. But we do have them...in the Northwest Territories and provinces alike.


Being Canadian is alright I guess. In the winter time, the Rideau Canal freezes over and is open to everyone to skate. They have beaver tails that are so delicious. 

NO, not real beaver tails. If you have ever had one, you would know that a beaver tail is a moist thin bread like thing that is loaded with sugar and cinnamon. They're one of the most delicious things you will ever try.

Most delicious creation. :)
I hate winter, I hate poutine, I hate hockey. Most Canadians would shake their heads at that. It's not that I'm not very Canadian, I just don't fit the stereotype.

2 comments:

  1. -gasp- no snow? how is that possible? XD seriously though, there isn't any snow here and I'm so sad... totally agreed about the hockey though, ew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I would be so miserable if it snowed year round. I would consider relocating to somewhere warm. :P Let's just hope there is snow for Christmas...that's all that is important to me right now. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love visitors, but I love reading comments more. Please comment, I always read em. Thanks for stopping in!