Often times, I cease to remind myself that dogs are healers. This is just a well known fact, I mean why else are there service dogs or dogs allowed in the hospital to visit sick children as well as the elderly? They heal hearts and spread happiness, it's just a fact.
A few posts ago, I blogged about how relationships change you as a person and they most certainly do. I think though, as much as I tell myself that I'm over my past relationship I find myself starting to compare each guy to the past guys I have dated.
It's awful to do but I mean, if you want to be happy, don't you have to compare in order to cancel out qualities you just don't like?
As much as I want to believe it, I don't think my heart is fully healed, however happiness is something I'm very much capable of without a companion, it just makes it a little bit harder.
Being with my friends in recent weeks and now with my family has certainly been a part of the healing process but I always keep an endless smile on my face.
My mother actually asked me this morning once I woke up, if I was always so happy.
This question came about when I walked out of my room and very excitedly said good morning to my 3 year old dog Xena and immediately went on to cuddle and praise her. In return she gave me a wagging tale and few licks to the face. I told my mom that most mornings I am, although I failed to mention that I didn't have much opportunity to share my morning excitements.
I think there is something about having a dog that you, yourself trained that makes a person feel more excited in the mornings than usual.
I've most certainly missed that dog, it shows every time I come home. I'm sure I cuddle the life out of her, but that dog makes me so happy. I'm not saying that Zeus doesn't but Xena's excitement is in tune with mine and if you knew me, you would certainly understand.
What topped it all off was enhancing the AWWWWEEE factor by putting one of my many bows in her fur, she looks way too adorable and it made me so happy. :)
And there goes another boring blog post.

Great little known fact girl. So so true! Something to be said for someone or something to be so happy to see you everytime they see you . Such an amazing feeling!
ReplyDeleteCarry on : )
DEV
That it is. If only I could have that dog with me all the time. She is my baby. :)
Delete