Thursday, December 13, 2012

Twelve. Twelve. Twelve.

Today is the century’s last sequential date.For many of us, it's just another Wednesday where we attend work and school and drain our brains onto paper. For many others, it's a time to celebrate romance. 

Many naysayers say that today is doomsday, but others believe it's on the day the Mayan calendar is set to end... 12/21/12. I however am a non believer of dooms day and so, like many other parts of the world...

I am celebrating today as "Anti doomsday day."


"According to Chinese numerology, the number one is a yang number which is ruled by the sun and represents independence and individualism. Two is a yin number which is ruled by the moon and represents symmetry and balance. When placed together, the number 12 brings harmony to the yin and yang, balancing the feminine energy of the moon with the masculine energy of the sun. So, what we can gather is that 12/12/12 equals lots of harmony. "



As it stands today, maybe it will be my luck that after this day I'll meet the "right" person. Afterall, it's a day full of harmony according to the Chinese and their numerology. 

But I mean, the world is "supposed" to end on 12/21/12, so I may have lived my whole life...never have been married. At least I can say I dated! 



And so, in light of today being 12/12/12, here is a list of 12 things I have learned this year: 



  1. It's helpful to read text books all the way through a semester, rather than just before final exams. You'll be less stressed which will result in less cramming. 
  2. When you have a cracked cell phone, a toilet isn't the best place to drop it. Never keep your cell phone in your back pocket when you use the washroom...EVER.
  3. Relationships aren't the most important things in the world, however being single sucks just the same
  4. I love pizza grilled cheese. Yes, it's what it sounds like. Bread, with pizza sauce, pepperoni and cheese, fried in a pan. 
  5. Bowling seems to be one of the greater things to get over a break up. Take your anger out on the pins, you'll usually get a strike or two. But if you suck, it'll probably make you feel worse. 
  6. It feels good to volunteer, if you have a chance...find volunteer opportunities around your college or within your program, it's good to get to know people. 
  7. Grades are important, but so are friends...don't let these conflict with each other. 
  8. Never wait 3 weeks to do laundry, you'll be folding and putting clothes away for 1-2 hours. 
  9. If you like two people at once, choose the one you feel more emotionally connected to. The physical attraction will only last so long before you make a mistake. Quit before that happens. 
  10. At a party, if you're a girl, don't try to keep up with the guys. You'll either spill, or drink the same amount as the guys but not remember parts the next day. 
  11. Don't judge. Any opportunity you have to make friends; use it, especially in college. You're more likely to build stronger, trusting friendships. Make sure you have a variety of friends, quiet ones, ones who throw great parties and ones with big stretched ears and a ton of facial piercings. They'll balance you out. These people make for great adventures. 
  12. Same is boring, from time to time try something different. Sometimes the best adventures happen here.

I leave you with this:



What are your 12 things you learned this year? I'd like to see some things in the comments below. 

Good luck everyone. 

Happy Anti doomsday day. 

If you believe the world's ending today, I hope you are prepared for nothing to happen. If you're certain we'll all die on 12/21/12, I hope for the best during the next couple weeks. :) 





4 comments:

  1. love this! definitely some great lessons :)

    something I learnt this year: CHILL OUT. everything that causes stress is far easier to surmount than you think it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is worth stressing about, if you have the right attitude...you shouldn't have to stress about anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun post! I definitely agree with some on your list, especially number 11. I wish more people thought that way! And I have been SO close to dropping my phone in the toilet because it was in my back pocket...oops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most people are guilty of almost dropping their phones in the toilet. And then some of us actually have.

      Delete

I love visitors, but I love reading comments more. Please comment, I always read em. Thanks for stopping in!